Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

CHAPTER 8: Detective Jean Jeanbeaug Insists on Assisting

Inspecteur Supérieur du Département de Paris
Jean Jeanbeaug
This is Jean Jeanbeaug. He's French. Interpol sent him to "help" me solve Reavis' murder. He's all rules and regulations and forensic processing, like he's a walking-talking TV show. Probably hears theme music everywhere he goes.

Sigh. THIS is the partner I get.

Anyway, he told me how to pronounce his name, but it sounded like Junebug to me. Too many unneeded vowels, but that's the French for you. Vowel overkill.

Anyway anyway, I'm laughing because he came all the way across the Atlantic and insists on investigating some nut theft instead of focusing on the – duh – homicide.

This is what a Chef Hissy Fit looks like
Yes, I said "nut theft." The fancy chef in charge of preparing tonight's fancy dinner brought some fancy nut powder all the way with her from Dublin, Ireland, and now it's missing from her room safe that someone picked open while she was inspecting the hotel kitchen. And now she's having a serious hissy fit about it.

Oh, the excitement.

Anyway, Junebug shared his report on the theft with me, although I can't imagine there's anything in there that will help me solve the murder of Reavis Wortham.

Still, worth looking at, I suppose

Go to CHAPTER 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment