Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

CHAPTER 9: Detective Jean Jeanbeaug's Dargon Nut Theft File -- Exhibits A and B

Exhibit A -- Dargon Nut Powder

You wouldn't think this powder would cost $1000 an ounce, would you? But it does! No smell, dissolves practically instantly into totally invisibility. It supposedly tastes like chocolate and pecans but in a "fancy" way, so that makes it worth someone's time to steal.

Sheesh. Forget being a bartender, I should grow Dargon nuts.

I told Junebug I doubted a thief would have had anything to do with Reavis' murder, but he gave me this European eyebrow arch, stuck his magnifying glass in front of his face, and stomped off.


Exhibit B: The Safe

Or as I call it, the Un-Safe.

Look at it. A child with both hands tied behind her back could pick that thing. I told Chef Blarnee this, and she tried to hit me with a spatula! You'd think a professional would keep valuable things like Dargon Nuts in a better safe, but I suppose chefs are good at chef matters and not security matters.

But then who expects someone to be breaking into hotel rooms and safecracking at EXACTLY 8:30 AM in the morning? But that's when it happened, according to the timing device on the "safe." Eight-thirty this very morning. And then later this same evening, Reavis is killed.

What is the world coming to?

Anyway, I can't see anything related to my homicide here. Perhaps I should get a second pair of sleuth-y eyes on it. Luckily, I know just the person. And he happens to be here at this mystery writer conference

Go to CHAPTER TEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment