Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

CHAPTER 6: Interview with PAYTON OLLIVER

OLLIVER: Me? Kill Reavis? I hate that guy’s guts. He ruined my career, my liver! He embarrassed me! His book cover was supposed to be my breakout role! He’s the reason for my drinking problem you know? God, I wanted to kill that guy… but that was the old me. My AA group is helping me get through that old anger. Nearly half a year sober! Haven’t stepped in a bar for nearly that long...

ECTIVE: But I have solid evidence that you were in the bar last night.

OLLIVER: W-Who told you that!? It was that awful ex editor of his, Helen Bvtz, Butz, how does she pronounce it, Buchanan? She’s awful! I wouldn’t be surprised if she did it! Her or that stalker of his.

ECTIVE: You mean Fran Helsing?

OLLIVER:  I didn’t have much to do with that one, but from what I’d heard she’s certainly a character. She implicated me, didn't she?

ECTIVE: Actually, it was this photograph (shows suspect the evidence -- security footage of her sitting right next to the bar, her hands covered in shaving cream)

OLLIVER (sighs): Fine, if you want to know why I was in the bar last night, I was meeting with a potential client. What was his name again? Roy? No, Ray, Rayvie, Ravum...

ECTIVE: You mean Ray Vuss Wordum?

OLLIVER (snaps fingers): Yeah!  He never showed up that night. Wait! Let me see that photo again... That's him in the corner pretending to be a lamp! I can’t believe he was right there all this time! That jerk. HE was the one who pushed the meeting! I didn’t want to go. Listen, I didn’t even know Reavis was there. Go look somewhere else for your lead. Maybe start with Ray. He had this weird obsession with everything Reavis. I didn’t want to take that job for that exact reason, but well… I was strapped for cash. Mom and Dad cut me off after I embarrassed them last Christmas with my Jello and mayonnaise sculpture of Mount Rushmore. I was hoping that the whole AA thing would convince them that I was serious enough about my career as an artist for them to fund me.

ECTIVE: Did they?

OLLIVER: Long story short, they haven't. So I took the job, despite my grievances with Reavis. Why don't you quit bothering me and check out Ray? I'm sure he's still around here, probably pretending to be a water cooler. Maybe there is a deadly reason he didn't meet with me.

Go to CHAPTER 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment